TELL 435 Course Outcomes
The students will:
- identify the historical and legal foundations of bilingual/dual-immersion education and relate these to specific requirements and procedures in Utah.
- identify different models of bilingual/dual-immersion programs in relation to characteristics of effective instructional practices in a variety of content subjects.
- identify and be able to articulate theories and philosophies of literacy development and language acquisition in a second language specific to teaching in bilingual/dual-immersion contexts.
- implement techniques, strategies, and tasks related to the teaching of content literacy and language in bilingual or dual-immersion programs.
- create meaningful lesson plans and activities that demonstrate appropriate decision making procedures to meet bilingual/dual-immersion educational program needs.