1. Understand both surface and solid modeling techniques found in a modern commercial CAD package.
CAD Modeling - Basic Components
2. Create a CAD model of basic machine components and assemblies.
CAD Modeling - Average to Complex Components
3. Design and create CAD models of average to complex mechanical components.
Engineering Drawings - Standard
4. Create, read and understand engineering drawings composed of multiple views with standard dimensioning and tolerancing nomenclature.
Engineering Drawings - Geometric
5. Create, read and understand engineering drawings that contain geometric dimensioning, tolerancing symbology and mating parts fit.
Top-Down and Bottom-Up Design
6. Understand the approaches and processes used in component and assembly modeling, i.e. top-down and bottom-up design.
7. Collaborate with teammates to learn how to apply CAD tools to the modeling projects.
Product Design and Manufacturing Information
8. Prepare a design package for a real-world device to be manufactured in Me En 382.
9. Learn about design and engineering processes in a global context.