Six Stages of Product Development
1. Understand the six stages of development through which designs evolve.
2. Understand how the requirements, tests, and design evolve through each stage of development.
Network of Design Activities
3. Understand how a design network is used to cause the product information to evolve, and how the network can be customized for specific development projects.
Design Desirability and Transferability
4. Understand how artifact checks, performance testing, and validation testing are used to ensure the desirability and transferability of the design at each stage of development.
Skills in Product Development, Reporting and Presentation
5. Develop skills in project planning, idea generation, prototyping, developing engineering models, and conveying information both in writing and orally.
6. Understand how to work within organizational policies to accomplish important goals.
7. Demonstrate the ability to use effective team processes, communication, and conflict resolution skills to enhance synergy on a project team.
Analysis and Communication
8. As a part of a team, develop an appropriate engineering analysis for your project, and effectively communicate the assumptions, intermediate steps, and results of this analysis.
9. Apply the understanding and skills from other outcomes while working with a project sponsor in a team setting to produce desirable and transferable product information through design, building, and testing.