Content and Learning
- Critically analyze how western cultural heritage is evidenced in the evolution of clothing through time periods.
- Be able to distinguish clothing from various points in time by their characteristics and details.
- Be able to recognize the importance of catalytic events, people and technological developments and how they influenced fashion.
- Demonstrate how to use vocabulary and terminology specific to particular periods of time in order that we may more accurately express ourselves and communicate clearly.
- Understand how the value systems and beliefs of societies are reflected in their clothing.
- Be able to conduct personal research of interest and share those findings in a professional manner with the class.