Content and Learning
- Increase your ability in making appropriate choices among various construction methods given various fabric and style variables
- Strengthen and broaden your experience in apparel construction techniques.
- Learn and use correct/appropriate construction terminology
- Recognize and describe quality characteristics of various construction techniques, understand and apply processes necessary to produce them, and accurately evaluate resulting quality.
- Create examples of construction techniques which illustrate personal skill improvement over the course of the semester.
- Assemble a sample portfolio with materials prepared, mounted, and presented professionally.
- Continue to feel a sense of accomplishment and personal satisfaction in sewing.
- Understand and apply garment assembly sequencing as it relates to fabric and style variables.
- Demonstrate the “sample making” teaching approach and the “garment making” teaching approach in order to evaluate and have both in the professional repertoire.