Student Learning Outcomes
SFL 224:At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Define what a gospel principle is and is not.
- Define what a social science principle is and is not
- Gain a greater understanding and appreciation of your own marriage strengths and weaknesses.
- Understand and be able to apply four different styles of resolving conflict in marriage.
- Recognize examples of the different styles of resolving conflict.
- Provide informed advise for each marital style reviewed in the class.
- Understand principles that help strengthen and hold marriages together.
- Identify behaviors and attitudes that create stumbling blocks in marriage relationships.
- Demonstrate your ability to integrate and synthesize social science principles of conduct with those taught by the leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in a manner that helps you to succeed in marriage.
- Understand the nature of the threats to the traditional family today and the consequences that will come if these changes happen.
- Demonstrate through reading the Olson text and your writing skills that you have an in-depth understanding your own marriage.
- Demonstrate your ability to effectively teach the principles you learn from the Olson text to others.