Accessing, reviewing, and analyzing: Capstone Experience
Students will be able to:
- Conduct electronic bibliographic searches and determine the quality of the research they find.
- Demonstrate their knowledge of substantive areas, theory, and research methodologies by developing an original sociological argument in writing (e.g. literature review, research proposal, theoretical analysis, etc.)
- Write a research paper in which they formulate a research question, identify data to answer their question, and review the literature.
Integrating life goals and professional and career interests
Students wil be able to:
- Integrate the knowledge and skills learned in the sociology program with their career interests by translating their skills into a resume.
- Develop an original research product that can be submitted as a writing sample to graduate schools, or to employers based on their educational and career goals.