Analysis of Spiritual Connections
Students will analyze spiritual connections between gospel principles and aesthetic concepts. This includes :
• Open expression of reverence for the Creator, His Creations, and the act of creativity.
• Compatible choices in the dance profession with the Latter-day Saint standards and culture.
Exploration Intellectual Reasoning in Dance
Students will explore intellectual reasoning in the field of dance aesthetics including:
- Discovery of important aesthetic and ethical issues with clear analytical critical thinking.
- Risk-taking, connecting, and synthesizing personal meaning from complex ambiguities.
- Develop an aesthetic philosophy, and ability to advocate and defend it.
Cultivating Respect and Courtesy for Different Viewpoints
Students will build character by cultivating a respect for differing points of view, and applying courtesy during the individual expression sessions. The course content will encourage independent thinking and individual responsibility.
Engage in Discussion and Writing about Dance
Students will voice value for Lifelong Learning as they articulate a love for and engage in discussion and writing about dance. Students will be encouraged to share their passion for dance in a way that is lucid, succinct, and compelling.
Articulate Value of Dance
Students will be challenged to articulate the value of dance in a manner that is founded on gospel principles and moral ideals, rather than on mere emotional declarations.