Teaching Dance in Elementary, Junior High and High School
1. identify the challenges and uniqueness involved with teaching dance in the Elementary, Junior High and High School settings.
Effective Teaching Methods and Personal Philosophy
2. articulate a personal philosophy about the role of dance in education and effective teaching methods and strategies that they will apply as future teachers.
Teaching Standards and Guidelines
3. Identify and analyze the following teaching standards and guidelines:
- National Standards for Dance Education
- State Core Curriculum
- INTASC Standards
- Moral Dimensions (SANE 3)
4. identify and self-assess their own qualifications for entering the teaching profession, including perceived strengths and weaknesses based on the aforementioned standards.
Teaching Skills, Preparation, and Technical Ability
5. demonstrate emerging teaching skills, including strong voice, teacher presence, planning/preparation, professionalism, and technical ability for modeling/demonstrating.