1. Students will demonstrate a knowledge of ballet class structure and progression between levels bywriting an 8-year ballet curriculum.
Ballet Class Observation and Analysis
2. Students will experience practical observation of ballet classes/labs and analyze teachers at work.
Music in Teaching
3. Students will apply sound musical principles in practical teaching experiences.
4. Students will philosophically and historically analyze each of the major ballet methodologies: Cecchetti, Royal Academy of Dancing, Vaganova, etc.
French Ballet Terminology
5. Students will demonstrate a working knowledge (both written and verbal) of ballet French terminology for the technique appropriate for each level of ballet instruction.