1. Students will learn technical elements, process and crafting principles of composition, such as: transitions, traditional formations, dynamic structure, stylistic coherence, form, musical dynamics and phrasing.
Form Aesthetic Criteria and Critical Eye
2. Students will develop a critical eye in analyzing and forming own aesthetic criteria.
3. Students will discover ethno-choreographic elements of a particular style or cultural group.
4. Students will address issues of authenticity versus creativity, traditional versus contemporary.
5. Students will learn to document choreography.