Be able to complete a phonological analysis at an intermediate level by applying knowledge of:
- the phonemic principle,
- the content and organization of the system of phonological features,
- the elements of the prosodic organization of utterances.
Be able to complete a morphological analysis at an intermediate level by applying knowledge of:
- basic word formation processes,
- the distinction between inflection and derivation and common inflectional categories,
- properties of the interfaces of morphology with phonology and syntax.
Effective Fact Descriptions
Be able to describe facts about phonology and morphology and communicate the results of phonological and morphological analyses using appropriate terminology and formalisms.