Understand and be able to use the scientific method:
- Think critically about the purposes and objectives of scientific studies and data.
- Become observant of and curious about patterns and processes in living things.
- Ask essential, specific, answerable questions about observations.
- Form hypotheses about biological patterns and processes that are testable.
Understand well the following foundational concepts:
- Cell theory and biological compartments
- Chemistry of life (biochemical unity, central dogma)
- Bioenergetics (biotransformation of energy)
- Reproduction (fission,
- mitosis, meiosis, etc.)
- Evolutionary theory