- Be familiar with current evidence-based research on what policies do and do not work in international development.
- Distinguish between credible and non-credible evidence of effective policy.
Sources for quality evidence
- Access major portals of high quality research on policy effectiveness.
- Know the economists who are doing state-of-the-art research on development policy.
- Practice the steps of Design Thinking when developing new policy.
- Use insights from behavioral economic theory to design better policy.
- Evaluate policy and theory using randomized control trial methodology.