Psychiatric Nursing knowledge and application
1) Demonstrate an understanding of the common adult and child psychiatric disorders, including substance abuse disorders and appropriate nursing interventions related to each disorder.
1) Describe and analyze the appropriate use of psychotropic medications in the care of clients with psychiatric disorders.
Communication skills and strategies
1) Apply therapeutic communication skills and strategies in providing recovery oriented care to clients and their families.
Nursing role in developing a therapeutic environment
1) Identify essential principles and the nursing role in the management of the therapeutic environment.
Legal and ethical implications in mental health nursing
1) Describe legal and ethical implications that impact the nursing care of clients with mental illness.