Components of schoolwide positive behavior support
1. Describe and define the components of schoolwide positive behavior support, it relationship with risk and protetective factors and multicultural issues.
Positive learning environments
2. Describe how to assess and create a positive learning environment in schools.
Building strong positive relationships
3. Describe how to build strong, positive relationships with children and youth.
Positive teaching approach
4. Describe how to use a positive, teaching (discipline) approach.
Social needs of individuals and groups
5. Describe how to assess and address the social needs of individuals and groups of students.
Effective socail skills program
6. Describe and list the procedural and content steps of an effective social skills program.
Effective classroom managment system for all students
7. Describe how to organize an effective classroom management system for all students, particularly those with exceptional learning needs (i.e., schedules, procedures, routines, signals, physical set-up of room, rules and consquences, monitoring, transitions).
8. Describe the various components and appropriate use of Utah's Least Restrictive Behavioral Interventions (LRBI).
9. Describe the elements of multi-level interventions (primary, secondary, and tertiary), includeing positive and reductive interventions.
1. Token economy and response cost
2. Group contingencies
3. Behavioral contracts
4. Home notes
5. Precision commands
7. Self managment
8. Response cost
9. Administrative intervention
10. Other procedures
Assess school climate
1. Assess a school climate and identify strengths and areas in which to improve the environment.
Strong positive relationships
2. Build strong, positive relationships with children and youth. Develop and use praise notes as one way in which to build such relationships.
Social skills assessments
3. Demonstrate correct use of social skills assessments, procedures and curriculum that can be used in a classroom environment.
Positive behavior support system
4. Design a positive behavior support system for classroom and nonclassroom environments. Develop a classroom management plan/disclsure document.
Effective behavior intervention strategies
5. Demonstrate a variety of effective behavior intervention strategies appropriate to the needs of individuals with exceptional learning needs.
Least intensive intervention
6. Select and implement the least intensive intervention consistent with the needs of individuals with exceptionalities. Consider LRBI and multi-level evidence-based practices that offer prevention with various behaviors.