El Ed 496R Course Outcomes
Participating in the Public School Setting
The intern will:
- reflect with the intent to improve practice.
- establish and maintain an effective learning environment.
- effectively manage children in all facets of a school setting.
- be a full-time teacher for one school year.
- apply knowledge from various content courses as they relate to teaching in an elementary classroom.
- apply knowledge of various pedagogical methods for planning, teaching, and assessing and when they are most appropriate.
- consistently engage collaboratively with colleagues and parents.
- demonstrate high levels of professionalism during their internship.
- create a Teacher Work Sample that measures their skills in using contextual factors, planning, assessment, lesson design, interpretation of student performance, and reflection.