Academic Internship - Secondary Education
Students will demonstrate that they can teach, manage, and assess content area knowledge and skills in the 7-12 classroom.
Complete Certification Requirements
- Complete the requirements established by BYU's Department of Visual Arts, the Department of Teacher Education, and the Utah State Office of Education including the PRAXIS Test for Art.
- Complete the Teacher Work Sample (TWS) in a professional manner with exemplary content and design. Submit TWS to LiveText.
- Complete a Professional & Interpersonal Behavior Scale (PIBS), a Candidate Disposition Scale (CDS), and Field Experience Demographics (FED) forms and submit to LiveText.
- Allow university supervisor and cooperating teachers to evaluate teaching performance with Clinical Practice Assessment Scale (CPAS) and sign Final Evaluation forms on LiveText.
Complete Course Requirements
- Tape at least one lesson for self and peer evaluation.
- Design a Professional Portfolio for job interviews. Receive timely guidance on job interviewing and placement procedures.
- Record and review valuable student teaching experiences in a Reflective Journal.
- Plan and execute an exhibition of student artwork in at least one school.