Student Teaching in Early Childhood Classrooms
The student teacher will:
- observe and reflect with the intent to improve practice.
- use child guidance strategies to effectively support children's learning.
- assume the role of lead teacher for a portion of the student teaching expereince as they design lessons, provide instruction, and implement appropriate assessments.
- apply knowledge from various content courses as they relate to teaching in an early childhood classroom.
- apply knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices to support children's development and learning.
- provide learning experiences that meet students' diverse cogntive styles, cultural backgrounds, and linguistic diveristy.
- demonstrate appropriate professional behaviors and dispositions (e.g., dress and grooming, attendance and punctuality, positive interactions with mentors, peers, parents, and children, and commitment to the profession).
- create a Teacher Work Sample that measures their skills in using contextual factors, planning, assessment, lesson design, interpretation of student performance, and reflection.