ECE 447 Course Outcomes
- Establish mathematics goals that accommodate students' varied mathematical trajectories and align appropriately with state content and practice standards as well as informal and formal assessments of student thinking.
- Select and/or design worthwhile mathematical tasks that include varying levels of cognitive demand, thus increasing access to learning.
- Design, implement, and evaluate inquiry-based lessons as structured by the Launch-Explore-Summarize (Discuss/Debrief) teaching and learning cycles or sequences.
- Anticipate student mathematical thinking (for planning lessons and/or units, orchestrating discourse, questioning, etc.)
- Create high levels of mathematical interaction by planning for discussion, questioning, and establishing a supportive classroom environment.
- Adapt instruction to address the diverse learning strengths and needs of both groups and individuals.
- Assess student learning, both formatively and summatively, using a range of appropriate strategies, and employ the results of assessment in guiding instruction.
- Practice professionalism: In commitment to learning to teach, in appearance and demeanor, and in the quality of work submitted.