FPM 110: Fundamentals of Facility and Property Management.
Description: Overview of the profession of facility and property management, including space regulations, finance, project management, and other current practices.
Learning Outcomes of the course:
At the conclusion of the course the student will:
- Understand the basic competencies of facility and property management
- Demonstrate the ability to perform space planning
- Understand the 15 basic professional practices of the FPM discipline
- Personal FPM Skills
- FPM Industry Competencies and Certifications
- Space Planning and Programming
- Construction Project Management
- Building Systems and Infrastructure
- Operations and Maintenance
- Energy Management
- Safety, Security and Disaster Recovery
- Regulatory Compliance
- Leadership and Administration
- Finance and Funding
- Real Estate and Property
- Event Marketing and Management
- FPM Technologies
- Demonstrate the practical applications of basic FPM competencies.
Assessment of the above learning outcomes is performed through instructor analysis of homework, labs, exams, classroom observations, student feedback, and course evaluations.