Course Outcomes - Level 1
- UETS Standard 1: Learner Development. Each candidate understands cognitive, linguistic, social, emotional, and physical areas of student development.?
- UETS Standard 2: Learning Differences. Each candidate understands individual learner differences and cultural and linguistics diversity.
- UETS Standard 3: Learning Environments?. Each candidate works with learners to create environments that support individual and collaborative learning, encouraging positive social interaction, active engagement in learning, and self-motivation.?
- UETS Standard 4: Content Knowledge. Each candidate understands the central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structure of the discipline.
- UETS Standard 5: Assessment. Each candidate uses multiple methods of assessment to engage learners in their own growth, monitor learner progress, guide planning and instruction, and determine whether the outcomes described in content standards have been met.?
- UETS Standard 6: Instructional Planning. Each candidate plans instruction to support students in meeting rigorous learning goals by drawing upon knowledge of content area, Core Curriculum standards, instructional best practices, and the community context.
- UETS Standard 7: Instructional Strategies. Each candidate uses various instructional strategies to ensure that all learners develop a deep understanding of content areas and their connections, and build skills to apply and extend knowledge in meaningful ways.
- UETS Standard 8: Reflection and Continuous Growth. Each candidate is a reflective practitioner who uses evidence to continually evaluate and adapt practice to meet the needs of each learner.?
- UETS Standard 9: Leadership and Collaboration. Each candidate is a leader who engages collaboratively with learners, families, and colleagues, and community members to build a shared vision and supportive professional culture focused on student growth and success.?
- UETS Standard 10: Professional and Ethical Behavior. Each candidate demonstrates the highest standard of legal, moral, and ethical conduct as specified in Utah State Board Rule R277-515.
Course Outcomes - Level 2
Students will work with a colleague to plan and teach curriculum.
Students will understand the physical, mental, emotional, and social demands of a junior high and/or high school teacher.
Students will complete the requirements for Secondary Education and licensure.