- Be aware of: various building codes, building sustainability factors, current affairs affecting building codes and regulations.
- Gain a comprehension of human factors; ergonomics, ADAG, Life Safety Measures; environmental protection and impact issues; regulatory issues; emergency preparedness.
- Be able to apply and analyze knowledge in:
- Demonstrate the ability to perform a comprehensive emergency operations and safety plan;
- Understand environmental regulations affecting building system design and occupancy health and safety;
- Comprehensive knowledge of compliance with regulatory laws;
- Demonstrate the ability to create an effective facility environmental sustainability program including a LEED practicum.