Course Outcomes - Level 2
Provide students an opportunity to gain an understanding of the technical, creative, and cultural, political, economic, and environmental impact of photography, television and film/video media.
Expose and train students in contemporary video, film, TV, and photography pre-production, production, and post-production techniques.
- Expose and train students to effectively use contemporary video, film, TV, and photography tools (i.e., Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio, Studio Code, Adobe Creative Suite, Camera Switcher, HD Video, digital SLR cameras, Celtix [script writing], lighting and audio recording equipment, and so forth).
- Teach students the primary elements of photography and TV/Film production, which are:
1. Principles of audio, including micing techniques and handling of common audio problems.
2. Camera placement and operations, including a basic understanding of camera color balancing and various important framing techniques.
3. Lighting techniques, including existing light, bounced light and three-point lighting.
4. Technical and production differences between standard definition (SDTV) and HDTV/DTV production.
5. Elements of effective visual composition.
6. Editing techniques: assembly and insert, on-line and off-line, linear and random access, and the use of time-code.
7. A general understanding of the pre-production, production, and post-production stages for both TV and film, including associated audio and video equipment.