Econ 388 students will be able to
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theoretical foundations of estimating and testing the basic regression model, employing tools from matrix algebra, calculus, and statistics.
- Perform basic regression and testing procedures using Stata.
- Complete an empirical research project that includes the following elements:.
- Formulate an econometric model.
- Collect and prepare relevant data for use in estimating the model.
- Use appropriate methods of estimation.
- Test relevant behavioral hypotheses.
- Understand and test the Gauss-Markov assumptions.
- Analyze and interpret the estimated model.
- Prepare a written report summarizing the research results.