Content and Learning
- Understand advanced food preparation principles and techniques and apply them while mixing, cooking, and baking food products for home and commercial use.
- Identify and prevent food borne illness and safety hazards with appropriate food handling and preparation techniques.
- Apply knowledge of nutrition to food preparation.
- Develop confidence in selecting, presenting, and following recipes.
- Learn proper use of equipment for baking and cooking.
- Identify and discuss cultural influences in the use of foods throughout the world.