· Increase your knowledge of normal, age-related behavior of children, particularly with regard to peer relations (i.e. acceptance and friendship).
· Increase your knowledge of multi-cultural environmental differences.
· Increased your perspective of how to create effective parent-child, teacher-child, and teacher-parent environments for promoting social competence in children.
· Develop a better understanding of research methods specific to this area of research.
· Develop a theoretical base for integration of discipline techniques and child guidance practices.