Content and Learning
- Develop a philosophy of why meal preparation and consumption at the family table is an important component in development and stability of families.
- Plan attractive meals with consideration for nutritional adequacy, income level, social, cultural, psychological, palatability, and aesthetic factors.
- Employ sanitation standards and safety procedures in food handling and in the use and care of kitchen utensils, equipment, and food storage.
- Demonstrate an understanding of factors affecting food habits, meal consumption patterns, and trends in food cost.
- Utilize managerial skills and available resources in food purchasing, and meal planning, preparation, and service