Content and Learning
- Become life-long observers of design and the designed environment.
- Develop a basic vocabulary of design through reading, class discussion, class demonstration and memorization.
- Increase awareness and synthesize good and poor design on well being and aesthetic response by experiencing design first-hand on campus and in the community and by responding in learning journals.
- Develop an understanding of design as a problem-solving process through discussion, first-hand experience, and by responding in learning journals.
- Develop a basic vocabulary of architectural stylistic elements and an appreciation for the historic development of the American home through reading, discussion, visual presentation, site visits, and by responding in learning journals.