1. Learn and master technically and stylistically several variations from various ballets, thereby expanding his/her ballet knowledge and repertoire. (Specific variations and ballets vary according to semester.)
2. Learn the background, libretto, and style of the specific ballets through brief lectures.
1. Acquire, through research, a working knowledge of several classical ballets and classical ballet variations
2. Compile a notebook with the background, libretto, and details of each variation which will aid in the future instructing of these variations. The student will include specifics on choreographers, composers, and dancers where applicable; as well as all steps of each variation written in a clear, understandable form. This will be a valuable written source that will be a lasting tool for any future teaching, dancing, or choreographing position.
1. Learn the variations and strive to understand the differing technical and stylistic requirements of each.
2. Prepare the variations to perform and be graded on those technical and stylistic requirements.