Dance Education Theory, Content, and Pedagogy
1. Articulate an understanding of creative dance education theory, content, and pedagogy that facilitates artistic development and process orientation.
Developmentally Appropriate Dance
2. Apply knowledge of developmentally appropriate dance learning activities for children pre-school through grade eight.
Elementary Dance Teaching Practices
3. Demonstrate an understanding of dance, elements, concepts and vocabulary physically, verbally and in writing, and apply that knowledge to teaching dance in the elementary setting
Lesson Objectives and Curriculum Standards
4. Identify and use clear lesson content objectives drawn from national and state curriculum standards when planning lessons and teaching dance.
Teaching Strategies and Management Techniques
5. Understand and apply a variety of teaching strategies and management techniques necessary to effectively guide dance skill building, exploration, improvisation, and compositional experiences for young children.
6. Explore and identify various forms of dance assessment