Students will learn proper vocal techniques in the vocal jazz idiom and will learn how to perform music from the traditional vocal jazz repertiore.
- To provide students a high quality vocal jazz experience and instruction.
- To provide an environment of spiritual, academic, musical and emotional growth.
- To provide opportunities to learn about jazz/music; its development, construction and expression.
- To create awareness about vocal jazz history, performance, standards, styles and improvisation.
- To engage artistically at the highest levels of complexity and competence.
- To develop improvisation skills and performance techniques, both as a group and as soloists.
- To rehearse and perfect high quality literature that will represent a wide range of jazz/contemporary/musical periods and styles.