The specific objectives of the course are:
- to greatly increase the vocabulary base by learning a multitude of expressions and applying them regularly in conversation
Becoming More Fluent
- to become more fluent speakers by practicing conversation in every class period and for at least one hour outside of class each week
Fluently reading of Authentic Literary Texts and Newspaper a
- to practice reading authentic literary texts and newspaper articles fluently. We will read one complete drama, one complete novel, a dozen short stories and articles, and several dozen poems.
Pronouncing German Correctly
- to pronounce German correctly
German History and Culture
- to deepen the understanding of German history and culture
Applying Grammar Correctly
- to become proficient by applying grammar correctly
Increasing Understanding of Spoken German
- to increase understanding of spoken German by listening to the instructor and other students, and by listening to news broadcasts, films, DVDs, etc. for at least one hour a week.
Idioms, Vocabulary, and Learned Expressions
- to incorporate idioms, appropriate vocabulary and other learned expressions and grammar principles in oral presentations and written reports.