Prepare the students to go on their international experience
· Demonstrate a basic understanding of the people, worldview, culture (and language, where applicable) of the foreign setting in which the student studies.
· Recognize one's cultural presuppositions and biases through exposure to, and study of, foreign perspectives on one's own culture.
- Prepare a foundation to become competent in understanding, communicating and interacting with the new cultural contexts experienced during time abroad,
- Train students to be safe and to be ambassadors of BYU
- Help students understand cultural, political and economic history of their host country
- Provide a forum for directors to plan with their groups
Students will learn the practical information necessary to succeed in the new cultures they will visit.