• Understand the framework for multilateral diplomacy -Students will demonstrate understanding of the process and politics of international organizations
• Explore the rationale for diplomacy - Students will understand how international law informs diplomacy and relates to international organization.
• Improve public speaking ability - Students will improve oratory ability by learning and demonstrating elements of effective public speaking.
• Improve policy writing ability - Students will demonstrate the ability to write policy papers and resolutions with regular feedback and various opportunities individually, in small groups and in large simulations.
• Improve research ability - Students will demonstrate effective research skills while learning about country policies and international topics in greater depth.
• Develop parliamentary procedure skills - Students will learn and effectively use beginning and intermediate parliamentary procedure in group settings.
• Expand leadership capacity - Students will explore the dynamics of leadership, including motivation, decision making, and group dynamics and will begin to demonstrate leadership abilities, especially in simulations/case study/small group activities.