Life Sciences Seminar
1. Describe the services offered by the Life Sciences Student Services and when those services might be applied to your circumstances.
2. Describe your understanding of what advising is and how you might benefit from the regular use of it.
3. Design a curriculum plan to meet your career goals in the eight or nine semesters you have to graduate from BYU. Be able to articulate why this is important to you, the university, and other students.
4. Demonstrate the ability to utilize MYMAP by organizing your major and general education courses for next semester.
5. Articulate your personal and educational goals as you understand them this semester.
6. Define proper classroom etiquette, and identify behaviors in your paragraph that show respect for faculty and presenters.
7. Become acquainted with either an academic advisor or a faculty member this semester by visiting them at least three times.
8. Deconstruct or evaluate high school learning strategies.
9. Evaluate at least two majors in the College of Life Sciences that interest you by describing the discipline, the learning outcomes, courses required, and possible careers or post-graduate opportunities. If you have learned that none of our majors fit you, explain why.
10. Describe the various university resources and what services they have for students.
11. Describe BYU's unique campus culture.